I keep finding super handy little things to do with Alfred 2 and so I thought I'd post some more:
- Alleyoop - updates installed plugins (if the workflow author supports it, which many currently do not). I hope this will be a temporary workaround until a centralised workflow repository is created.
- Battery - shows all the vital stats of your MacBook's battery without having to run an app or a Terminal command.
- Built-in Sharing - lets you share files directly to all the social services that OS X supports.
- Paste current Safari URL - a workflow I wrote, which pastes the URL of Safari's currently visible webpage, into the application you are using. No need to flip back and forth to copy and paste the URL
- Symbols - very easy, visual way to search the Unicode tables for a symbol you're looking for (e.g. arrows, hearts, snowmen, biohazard warning signs, etc)
- TerminalFinder - lets you quickly get a Terminal for the Finder window you're looking at.
I imagine there will be more to come, the total number of workflows is exploding at the moment!